Winter break graces us students with time. Time to sleep in, catch up on shows, leisurely read books and create relaxing crafts. We created a modern take on the holiday wreath this year. Here is how we created this Pinterest DIY.
What You’ll Need:
- Small to medium embroidery hoop
- Fishing line or clear string
- Lace or ribbon
- A small wooden word
- Fake leaves
- Hot glue gun
- Mod podge with a sponge (optional)
- Glitter (optional)
- Place out where you would like your word to hang from the hoop
- Decide if you would like to add glitter.
- If you want to add glitter, add mod podge and apply glitter on top of it. Let it dry.
- Insert the fishing line/clear wire through your wooden letter.
- Tie the wire to the embroidery clasp, making sure the wooden word hangs straight. Use hot glue to make sure the word doesn’t go anywhere.
- Cut your desired amount of fake leaves.
- Wrap the fake leaves around any part of the embroidery hoop. Add hot glue to certain spots for a better hold.
- Cut your desired amount of ribbon to add to the top of the hoop. Loop it through the embroidery hoop, closing the loop with hot glue.
- Hang it anywhere you like!
The good thing about this twist on a classic holiday wreath is that you can keep it out all year. If you try this DIY, tag us on social!