Calling all pasta lovers who want to be healthy, but still want to get their carb fix! Make your own healthy vegan pasta at home with a creamy avocado pesto sauce and a few simple ingredients. This pasta’s got it all: the healthy fats, a gorgeous green hue and the vitamins and minerals you’ll need to power through.
2 ½ avocadoes
2-3 garlic cloves
1 ½ cups spinach
¼ cup basil leaves
1 bunch of cilantro
1 package penne pasta
2 tbl nutritional yeast
½ tsp salt
- Fill a pot full of water and salt and put on high heat. Pour in the package of pasta once water is boiling and cook for 7-10 minutes or until al dente.
- Chop garlic cloves, spinach, basil leaves and cilantro and set aside.
- Cut open your avocados and juice the lemons.
- Combine your chopped garlic, greens, avocado, lemon juice, nutritional yeast and salt in a blender.
- Blend all together until you get a creamy smooth consistency. You may need to add a tablespoon of water or two to get it to a blendable consistency.
- Drain pasta, pour the sauce over it and enjoy!
Look out for a video tutorial of this recipe on our YouTube channel!